- An infected person exhales the virus with every breath. This can travel 6 feet when someone is simply breathing, but much further if they are singing, yelling, coughing or sneezing.
- Thus the 6-foot personal distancing recommendation.
- It is unclear if this is a substantial mode of transmission, but the virus is known to adhere on plastic, wood, cardboard, and metal ranging between 1 to 4 days.
Person to Person
- Direct contact between an infected person and someone who is not infected is a known route of transmission.
- Some methods of direct contact include hugging, hand shaking, and kissing.